Use with hyper-V 2012 Core

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Anyone used this app with Hyper-v 2012 Core or win 2012 server core?  Any thoughts on the ability of current code to work on these 2012-core OSs?

Thanks!

baltsae

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I tried it on 2012, but all I saw was a window popup and close imediately after (so quickly that I wasn't sure what it was).  I was unable to get it running on 2012.  That being said, I don't know powershell, or much about the application other than running it.  Someone who knows more might be able to get it working.
I resorted to setting up a Windows 8 machine and installing RSAT, which allowed me to do the management I needed.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I've installed NET-Framework-Core using powershell Install-WindowsFeature, then I've launched ControlPanel.ps1 from CoreConfigurator folder. Microsoft removed some utilities from 2008-r2 and 2012 (for example the command oclist). Maybe the functionalities are limited but you'll be able to configure most of the core server (firewall, autoupdate, and so on).

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

may be try http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170 ??

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I've been playing with this today. Couple things I've tweaked so far:

1. Open Start_Coreconfig.wsf with Notepad (or whatever)
  2. Go to line 266 (in Notepad, use Ctrl-G to go there quickly)... Replace "oclist" with "dism"
  3. Go to line 292, replace "oclist" with "dism"
  4. Save and close Start_Coreconfig.wsf
  5. Open CoreConfig.ps1 with Notepad (or whatever)
  6. Go to line 1017, replace "oclist" with "dism"
  7. Save and close CoreConfig.ps1
  8. Open Roles.ps1 with Notepad (or whatever)
  9. Go to line 366, replace "oclist" with "dism"
  10. Go to line 500, replace "oclist" with "dism"
  11. Go to line 532, replace "oclist" with "dism"
  12. Save and close Roles.ps1
  13. Launch Start_Coreconfig.wsf per original instructions

I'm sure there's other stuff that will crop up as options are used, but this should get you up and running.

Cheers!

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Thank you, Shane, but

• Roles and Features doesn't work
  • After entering DCPromo the script hangs
  • After clicking Network setting the window disapears

Waiting for developers to fix the issues

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The feeling I got from some Internet searches is that this project is dead, although nothing official. I have reworked the script files so that they work on 2012 and started a new CodePlex project: http://corefig.codeplex.com. I just today found these discussion threads and may start to address the problems people had with Core Configurator 2.0, depending on my available time and community interest levels. Roles and Features should be working in mine and the Networking pages definitely work. DCPROMO doesn't work because DCPROMO is gone in 2012. I just disabled the button in my edition. I'm tentatively considering adding the functionality for ADDS installation.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM
AlexShirshov wrote:

Thank you, Shane, but

• Roles and Features doesn't work
  • After entering DCPromo the script hangs
  • After clicking Network setting the window disapears

Waiting for developers to fix the issues

3) Of course - you must be editing the file "Networking.ps1" to fix your problem

• open this one
  • press CTRL+G and go to line 670
  • replace "oclist" with "dism"
  • save and close Networking.ps1
  • Launch Start_Coreconfig.wsf per original instructions
  • check the network tab working correctly

Cheers!